Sunday, December 4, 2011

A recent poem

This blog needs to get off the ground again.

Here is a poem I wrote recently.  I want to write poems more often again...


I apologize
am not apologetic
and ungrieved find myself
 yet
grieving I am sorry
that I am not sorrowful
to say I am
at odds
with you
I must be
simply set
diviso
I did not want it
and ran from it
towards it
so we become
approaching

Your crystal
thoughts are fragile
mine smashed against
the tough planks
sent me scattering
there is a mess to clean up
red wine
has stained
bloody red
maybe it’s a miracle
perhaps

Am I broken?
                Unbroken?
                                Repaired?
                                                Renewed?
Am I the boy
Or now the bowed man?
Did I regain myself?

I apologize
am not apologetic
faithful bridegroom
proud
reborn heretic.

No comments:

Post a Comment